Towards a European Foundational Body of Knowledge for the ICT Profession (EU ICT BoK)
The European ICT professional community is working towards a European Foundational Body of Knowledge for the ICT Profession (EU ICT BoK). The work is taking place in CEN Technical Committee (CEN/TC) 428, aiming at publishing a European-agreed EU ICT BoK Standard and supporting Technical Report User Guide in 2021.
+++ Now available – The first ICT BoK full draft in 43 Knowledge Units (KUs) descriptions discussed by the ICT BoK expert review network on 4 November 2020 +++
- View the ICT BoK first full draft DRAFT_v1
- View the ICT BoK draft v1 conceptual basics
- We look forward to receiving your comments via this commenting sheet
- View the ICT BoK summary presentation from 4/11/20 expert review network on-line session
Maturing the ICT Profession for Europe
Similar to and complementary with the e-CF standard that provides an efficient and broadly accepted common European language about ICT professional competence, the European ICT Foundational Body of Knowledge will make another key contribution to increase transparency and mature the ICT Profession across Europe.
Beyond basic knowledge clustered by specific areas of expertise the European Foundational Body of Knowledge will establish an underpinning common body of knowledge shared by all ICT professionals regardless of speciality.
A European Foundational Body of Knowledge needs strong ICT sector engagement
For successful BoK development strong ICT sector engagement is needed from both ICT qualification and workplace perspectives, the latter involving ICT supply and demand. Personal experience and views coming from across the European ICT multi-stakeholder community are essential to broad acceptance and usability of the forthcoming ICT BoK.
The 27/02/20 BoK Paris Workshop provided a key opportunity to share, discuss and bring together multiple viewpoints of relevance to the topic. 200227 EU ICT BoK Paris Workshop Conclusions for download.
In the 12/06/20 EU ICT BoK expert review network Workshop, 24 experts from 11 countries met on-line and shared, discussed and developed further the EU ICT BoK technical development interim results achieved during past 8 months. It was also agreed together on next steps, engaging with knowledgeable experts from ICT workplace and learning program providing context EU-wide.
- Workshop Agenda and technical input on EU ICT BoK Interim results achieved
- Participants list and on-line protocol
Download presentations shared and discussed during the meeting
- CEN TC428 Work “Towards a European Foundational Body of Knowledge for the ICT Profession (EU ICT BoK) – Context, aims and project roadmap
- Results from EU ICT BoK research on existing European and global BoK landscape
- EU ICT BoK proposed structure
- Knowledge identification methods and the Knowledge Unit template
- Results from the ICT BoK multi-stakeholder on-line survey and the ICT BoK expert review network as an essential process ingredient to successful ICT BoK development
- Walk through of the application of a Foundational Body of Knowledge for the ICT Profession
Get engaged – become an expert review network member – contact the team
Send an e-mail to the project team leader.
Send an e-mail to CEN/TC428 Secretariat.
The European-agreed EU ICT BoK Standard and supporting Technical Report on EU ICT BoK User Guide and Methodology are planned to be published by CEN in 2021.